GMC Unveils New 2016 Sierra HD Lineup!
Last week, GMC pulled the covers off the new 2016 GMC Sierra
, featuring a revised front and rear end and whole bunch of helpful features both inside and out.
Now, the company has peeled the wraps off the 2016 GMC Sierra HD lineup, revealing a new lineup of tough and work-ready pickups that are without question the most capable HD’s we’ve ever seen. Here’s what you can look forward to.
New for 2016, Active Steering Assist power steering on some double cab and crew cab models helps make hauling and trailering easier, with electronic load controls that improve stability on the highway regardless of whether the truck is loaded. It also offers better responsiveness and improved handling, though it’s not offered on base or regular cab models.
Those hauling big loads will also be happy to know a Gooseneck/5th wheel Trailering Prep Package is now offered and makes Sierra HD ready from the factory to haul large trailers.
It’s available in the first-quarter of 2016 on Duramax-equipped models and features a frame-mounted hitch platform and tray or fifth-wheel hitch mounting brackets. A new Gooseneck Completion Kit will also be available from Wallace Chevrolet, featuring a 2-5/16-inch ball hitch and two chain tie-downs.
The 2016 Sierra HD also introduces a bunch of other features, including:
- GMC IntelliLink with a seven-inch-diagonal capacitive touchscreen, featuring a new HD radio with a faster processor for better performance
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- High-intensity Discharge (HID) projector-beam headlamps with GMC signature LED lighting now standard on all models
- Available wireless phone charging
- Available remote locking tailgate
- Exterior colors: Crimson Red Tintcoat (double cab only), Cardinal Red, Deep Garnet Metallic (crew cab only) and Mahogany Metallic (not available on All Terrain or Denali).
Look for the 2016 GMC Sierra and 2016 GMC Sierra HD models at Wallace Chevrolet later this year!