This Is The New, 2016 Chevrolet Spark
Chevrolet uncloaked the new, more stylish 2016 Spark at the New York International Auto Show earlier this month.
The new Spark has been completely redesigned and now offers customers more refinement as well as a a range of new options traditionally found on more expensive, upmarket vehicles.
The 2016 Spark features a sleeker, more refined appearance thanks to a slightly longer wheelbase (area between the front and rear wheels) and a roof that is 1.6-inches lower. The lower roof helps generate less drag, which means the Spark is even more fuel efficient. Plus, tall drivers can sleep well knowing that clever interior changes have kept the Spark’s headroom on par with the outgoing model.
The changes aren’t just skin deep. Underneath Spark’s new sheetmetal lies a new, stronger chassis, which keep noise out of the cabin and helps to up the Sparks’ agility and fun.
Under the hood lies a new 1.4L four-cylinder engine which kicks out 98hp, a 16 percent improvement over the outgoing model.
Here are just a few of the standout features on the new Spark:
– All-new Ecotec 1.4L I-4 with manual and continuously variable (CVT) transmissions – delivering a GM-estimated 5.9 L/100km highway (with the available CVT)
– A standard rear-vision camera system
– Next-generation Chevrolet MyLink with 7-inch-diagonal colour touch screen
– Advanced LCD instrument cluster display
– New available safety features including Side Blind Spot Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, and rear park assist
– A huge lineup of accessory packages to help make Spark your own
The new Spark was part of GM’s wave of new products unveiled at the New York Auto Show earlier this month, which also included the new top-of-the-range Cadillac CT6
and the new, ninth-generation Chevrolet Malibu.
The 2016 Chevrolet Spark will be produced at GM’s Changwon, in South Korea. It goes on sale in Canada in the fourth quarter of 2015