This Is The 2016 Cadillac CTS-VUncategorized Mar 4th, 2015
Cadillac is set to introduce the most powerful vehicle in its 112-year history: The 2016 Cadillac CTS-V.
Arriving later this summer, the new Cadillac CTS-V, the third-generation of the high-performance CTS-V, will produce a towering 640hp and 630lb-ft of torque courtesy of a supercharged 6.2L V8 engine. With all that power under its sculpted hood, its set to be the fastest V-branded vehicle Cadillac has ever made.
How fast you ask? Expect the 2016 CTS-V to hit 96kph (60mph) in a mere 3.7-seconds while on its way to a top speed of 320km/h (200mph), which pips both the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz Benz E-63 AMG.
Of course, the new CTS-V is a lot more than just outright speed. It’s also a cosseting luxury car with amenities like a 12.3-inch instrument display and 20-way heated and ventilated front seats as standard.
Really, the new CTS-V is two cars in one: A luxury sedan with sophisticated road manners and a high-performance track-capable sports car.
“V-Series represents the very best of the Cadillac brand – the pinnacle of our design and technical capabilities,” said Johan de Nysschen, Cadillac president. “The new CTS-V is the most compelling example of Cadillac’s product substance and brand trajectory. The new CTS-V soars into the stratosphere of the most exhilarating luxury cars.”
What else can you expect in the new CTS-V?
- Brembo high-performance brakes
- Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control
- Driver-selectable modes calibrate performance variables for either Touring, Sport and Track driving conditions
- Standard 19-inch wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
- Advanced safety & parking features like a curb-view camera system; automatic parking assist; side blind zone alert, forward collision alert, lane keep assist and rear cross traffic alert
- A Performance Data Recorder allows drivers to record high-definition video, with data overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track, enabling sharing on social media
- Standard carbon fibre hood with additional carbon enhancements available
- New 8L90 transmission eight-speed automatic transmission
Occupants can also expect a plethora of luxurious features like:
- Siri Eyes Free and text-to-voice that converts incoming text messages to speech and reads them over the audio system speakers
- A revised CUE system with Bluetooth connectivity and enhanced voice recognition
- Navigation with Bose Surround Sound audio
- Wireless inductive phone charging
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
Update: The all-new Cadillac CTS-V will go on sale later this year for $91,685, plus a destination freight charge of $1,800 ($93,485+taxes)