Quick Look: 2016 Chevrolet TraxJul 3rd, 2015
Customers looking for a compact, entry-level SUV will find plenty to love in the 2016 Chevrolet Trax.
It’s compact size makes it agile and maneuverable in town, yet it has space enough to haul pretty much anything its cavernous cargo area (1,371 liter; 48.4 cubic feet) can swallow. Plus, a peppy yet silky smooth turbocharged 1.4L EcoTec engine (with 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque) provides ample passing power and get-up-and-go when needed.
Trax is also took home a recent 5-Star Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA and its one of the safest vehicles in its class with ten standard bags, a protective safety cage made up of ultra high-strength steel, and an available rear-view camera.
For 2016, the Trax comes available with additional exterior colours, including: Red Hot, Butte Red Metallic and Mosaic Black Metallic. It also comes standard with best-in-class connectivity features like standard OnStar 4G LTE in-car Wi-Fi and Chevrolet Mylink, which can be access through a segment-exclusive seven-inch touchscreen.
Here are just a few of the standard and available features on the 2016 Trax:
- Available all-wheel-drive
- Loads of clever storage areas, plus a USB ports and auxiliary cable in the glove box to charge and connect phones and tablets.
- 60/40 split fold-flat rear seat with front-fold passenger seats allows Trax owners to haul items up eight-feet in length
- Ten standard airbags, including side-curtain and knee-bags and the segment’s only rear-seat mounted thorax air bag
- Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control, incorporating traction control and rollover mitigation features
- It all adds up to create one of our favourite subcompact crossovers, one that feels at home hauling cargo or simply threading through inner city traffic.
Looking for more on the Trax? You can learn all about it and build your own right here