More Good News: GM Canada Sales Up Four Percent In MayBuick Jun 2nd, 2015
GM Canada is on a roll in 2015 and it looks like there’s no end it sight– Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC dealers in Canada moved 27, 462 vehicles last month, up four percent over the same time last year.
What’s helping boost GM Canada sales, you ask? The company’s light-duty, mid-size and heavy-duty three-truck strategy offers customers a wide variety of options and choices and each one of them seems to be resonating well with Canadians.
In fact, sales of Chevrolet Colorado
and GMC Canyon
led the industry pickup segment last month with 10,907 deliveries.
“Chevrolet had a very strong month of May with car sales up 14 per cent and truck sales up 6 per cent versus the year before. Chevrolet Corvette sales were up over 200% in May, its best sales month in Canada since 1980,” said John Roth, vice president, sales, service and marketing for GM Canada.
Canadians are also enjoying more 4G LTE technology, which can be found in 30 Cadillac, Buick, Chevrolet and GMC models, the largest deployment of its kind in automotive history.
- Take a looks at some other GM Canada highlights for the month of May below:
- Chevrolet sales increased nine percent in May, driven by sales of the Spark
(up 350%), Malibu
(+107%), Impala (+10%), Camaro
(+9%), and Corvette
(+208%), while Chevrolet pickups also up 26 percent.
- Buick crossovers (Enclave
) had their best May in more than a decade (since 2003) and were up 16 percent last month.
- GMC total sales from January through May were up 19 percent, with retail sales climbing for the 11th consecutive month. GMC trucks were also up a whopping 26 percent last month.
- Cadillac total sales since the begging of the year are up 11% through May, while Cadillac trucks
were up 33 percent in May.
Here’s hoping the upward sales trend continues!