GM Canada Sales Up 6% In February
The momentum continues for GM Canada.
After strong results in January– delivering 11,577 vehicles, up 5 per cent over the same time last year– the company continues to post positive sales results.
Dealers last month delivered 13, 806 vehicles, a 6 per cent lift over last February. John Roth, Vice President sales, service and marketing, pegs much of the company’s success on its robust truck and SUV offerings.
“Chevrolet and GMC pickup trucks led the charge in February with an increase of more than 44 per cent for the month, including strong sales of the Chevrolet Silverado and Colorado, and GMC Sierra and Canyon. In particular, the Colorado and Canyon in the midsize segment are attracting new customers to the Chevrolet and GMC showrooms with up to 40 per cent of new vehicle purchasers being new to the brands,” he said.
Let’s take a closer look at the highlights last month:
- Chevrolet total sales were up 3 per cent, driven by sales of the Silverado, Colorado, Tahoe and Suburban
- Sales of the Buick Lacrosse increased 27 per cent for the month
- GMC finished the month of February up 32 per cent, marking the brands’ 8th consecutive month of sales increases
- Cadillac XTS sales were up 32 per cent
- Escalade sales were more than 300 per cent for the month