GM Canada July Sales Dip Slightly
Sales of General Motors vehicles in Canada dipped slightly in July 2015, as Buick, Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC dealers in the country delivered 22, 826 vehicles (versus 23, 973 in July ’14).
However, executives remain unfazed at the slight sales dip, saying GM Canada’s lineup remains strong and sales have been solid thus far.
“While July sales slowed slightly after a particularly strong June
, we continue to see growing strength in our brands and producet with our overall sales up five percent for the calendar year to date,” said John Roth, VP Sales, Service and Marketing for GM Canada. “Driving these results in the highly competitive pickup truck segment, the GMC Canyon, Sierra and Sierra HD are experiencing calendar year to date growth of 23 percent.”
Here are a few highlights for the month:
- The Chevrolet Sonic was up 303 percent (!) last month, while Volt
(+20%), Cruze (+4%) and Tahoe (+5%) sales were also strong.
- Sales of Buick crossovers remained strong, with Enclave
sales up were up 18 percent, while Encore
sales shot up four percent over the same period last year.
- GMC total sales were up 0.5 percent for the month, propelled by the brand’s truck portfolio up 1.2 percent last month.
- Sales of Cadillac crossover vehicles were up 12 percent for the month, chiefly led by SRX (+12%) and Escalade
- Executives say the integration of OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot technology throughout all GM brands has also driven customer demand in GM products.