GM Adds Duramax Diesel Option To Chevrolet Colorado Lineup
The silky smooth 2.8L engine produces 181 hp and a whopping 369 lb-ft of torque, which helps provide Colorado Diesel with a trailering capacity of up to 3,492 kg (7,000 lbs).
It’s also the cleanest diesel ever by General Motors and is expected to deliver greater fuel efficiency than its class-leading, gas-engine stable mates.
In typical GMC style, the Durmax diesel is also paired with several other features that complement and maximize its capability, such as:
- A standard Hydra-Matic 6L50 six-speed automatic transmission that’s coupled with a Centrifugal Pendulum Vibration Absorber, which helps mitigate powertrain noise, vibration and harshness.
- A smart diesel exhaust brake that enhances vehicle control and helps reduces brake wear on steep grades
- A new integrated trail brake controller standard on diesel models.
“The addition of the new Duramax diesel to the award-winning GMC Canyon takes its capabilities and performance to a new level while attracting new customers to Canyon’s expanded line-up,” said Mike Speranzini, GMC brand director for Canada.
The new Duramax diesel engine is availbe on SLE and SLT models and will go on sale this fall.
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel At A Glance:
- Features all-new, 2.8L Duramax diesel engine (181 hp and a whopping 369 lb-ft of torque)
- Standard Hydra-Matic 6L50 six-speed automatic transmission
- Available on SLE and SLT models
- Maximum trailering rating of 3,447 kilograms 7,600 lbs. () for 4WD models
- Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings of 2,812 kilograms (6,200 lbs. ) for 4WD models
- On sale this fall