General Motors Announces March SalesApr 3rd, 2015
Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC dealers in Canada delivered 21,027 vehicles in March, 2015, which represents a 3.5 percent decrease compared to the same period last year.
On the plus side, GM’s truck sales increased 13 percent in the quarter, which is indicative of the recent of the recent shift away from cars– buyers are oping towards towards trucks and SUVs instead.
“Our three truck strategy (mid-size, light duty and heavy duty) was designed to provide our customers with a full range of options and choices…This positioned us well to respond to this month’s continued strong customer demand for pickup trucks, ” said John Roth, vice president, sales, service and marketing for GM Canada.
Here are some of the highlights from the month of March, 2015:
– Chevrolet total truck sales were up 1 per cent for the month and 7 per cent for the year
– Chevrolet Silverado sales were up 14 percent, while GMC Sierra sales were up 11 percent
– The all-new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon mid-size pickups
are continuing to grow
– Buick Regal
sales were up 75 per cent for the month of March and 33 per cent for the first quarter of 2015 and the
– Buick LaCrosse
continues to gain sales momentum, posting its 7th consecutive month of sales increases, up 44 per cent in March and 73 per cent for the quarter
– GMC saw its 9th consecutive month of total sales growth and the brand’s best March since 2005.
– GMC finished the month of March up 26 per cent
– Cadillac sales were up 10 per cent for the month, marking the brand’s best March sales since 2007, led by sales of the Escalade