Chevrolet Introduces Re-Styled 2016 EquinoxMar 18th, 2015
Chevrolet revealed the restyled 2016 Equinox last month at the Canadian International Auto Show so we decided to take a closer look and examine what’s new for Chevrolet’s second-best selling vehicle in North-America (behind Silverado
Some of the biggest changes to the Equinox include a restyled front-end with a more-sculpted front grill, new wheels designs, new and updated trim packages, new safety features, a new touchscreen radio, and a standard rear-view camera for entry-level models.
The restyled Equinox is set to arrive at Wallace Chevrolet this fall.
Bob McClelland, brand director of Chevrolet in Canada, said “The Ontario-built Chevrolet Equinox is one of North America’s favourite compact SUVs…the 2016 Equinox has been updated to deliver a contemporary new look and new technologies to build on its outstanding versatility and efficiency.”
The 2016 Equinox will include a raft of new & updates features, including:
– The removal of the 1LT and 2LT trim packages; the new streamlined model lineup includes LS, LT and LTZ trim levels
– New front end and chrome-grill on all models, with specific chrome trim pieces on LT and LTZ
– New rear taillights and a revised rear-end on all models, with chrome trim on LTZ
– Standard seven-inch touch screen infotainment system on base models (includes Bluetooth)
– Standard rear-vision camera on base models
– New projector beam headlamps on all models
And that’s not all. The 2016 Equinox will also feature:
– New daytime LED running lamps on LT & LTZ models, and new reflector-style lamps for LS
– New fog lamps on LTZ models
– New 17-inch wheels for LT models and new 18-inch wheels for LTZ
– New chrome exhaust outlets on V6 models
– Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic safety features on LT & LTZ
– Enhanced interior fabric on LS models for a more premium feel and look
– A revised “centre-stack” (the dash area in front of the shifter) that includes a new storage shelf and updated control graphics
Chevrolet has sold over 1.4 million Equinox’s since the vehicle went on sale in 2004. We expect the new model–with a host of great updates– will only further the vehicles’ success.