Car Buying Tips – 21 Questions You Should Ask Before You BuyNov 4th, 2015
Let’s face it: Buying a car can be both a fun and stressful experience. You may find a car you love..but does it have that one feature you really want? Does it have 4WD? The question is: What are the best questions to ask to get the vehicle that’s right for you? Here are some car buying tips!
We’ve taken out the guess work and assembled this list of 21 questions to ask before you buy a new or used vehicle.
Read over the questions and ask yourself, “which of these questions is most important to me?” Take it into the dealership and have the salesperson answer each to your satisfaction- it will ensure you get exactly what you are looking for!
Happy hunting and don’t be afraid to leave your questions in the comments below; we get lots questions and we’re quick to respond! 🙂
1) Is the vehicle front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive or 4WD/AWD? Does the system work correctly?
2) Does the vehicle have a clean CarFax/Carproof vehicle history report?
3) Is the interior clean? Any signs of smoking or pets?
4) Do all of the turn signals and lights work?
5) Do all of the locks and windows work?
6) Do the wipers and stereo work?
7) Has the vehicle passed safety and emissions?
8) Is there a vehicle you would like to trade-in? If so, what is it worth?
9) Does the vehicle have Bluetooth or hands-free for your cell phone? (Unsure how to pair your phone? Check out our ‘How to Pair Bluetooth’ blog right here
10) How many keys and remotes are included with the vehicle?
11) Is there a warranty? What does it cover?
12) Does the car include a spare tire or jack?
13) Are the windshield and windows free of cracks?
14) Does the vehicle leak any fluids?
15) Have you driven the vehicle? Does it run smoothly?
16) Are the carpets, interior nets and roof rack all accounted for?
17) Are there any scratches, dents or dings that need attention?
18) How are the tires? Do they have a good amount of tread left?
19) In what capacity was the vehicle used before ? Was it well maintained?
And be SURE to ask the final two questions…
20) Any applicable discounts (student
, company, etc..) you can apply to the vehicle?
21) And finally… what sort of incentives, deals, discounts and programs are currently offered on the vehicle?