Cadillac Reveals ATS CoupeATS Jan 15th, 2014
The two-door version of the celebrated Cadillac ATS is here- and it looks fantastic!
Revealed yesterday at the 2014 North-American International Autoshow (NAIAS) in Detroit, the new coupe is way more than just a pretty face. It also brings a changes under the hood, too.
ATS Coupe customers have two engines choices: a 2.0L turbo-charged four cylinder or a 3.6L V6.
The 2.0L turbo engine also receives a torque bump, now producing 295lb-ft (up from 260lb-ft in the sedan). That means ATS coupe is both lighter and more powerful than competitors like the BMW 428i. It also means ATS Coupe can go 0-60mph in an estimated 5.6 seconds!
Customers also have a choice between rear-wheel drive (RWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD).
Plus, the new ATS Coupe also includes:
– Nearly perfect 50/50 weight balance and low centre of gravity
– Five-link independent rear suspension
– A multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
– Underbody aerodynamic shields
– Premium, belt-driven electric variable-effort steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
– Brembo front brakes
– Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels
As you’ve noticed, ATS Coupe is far more than just an ATS with two less doors- it’s been thoroughly redesigned!
Other than sharing a wheelbase (109.3 inches) with the sedan, ATS coupe exhibits a brand new, completely re-skinned exterior.
It features a new roof, new doors, new rear fenders, a new trunk lid, and redesigned front and rear fascias (to help accommodate the extra width).
It is also the first production model to wear Cadillac’s new crest!
Additional interior features include:
– OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with built-in WiFi hotspot
– Bluetooth with natural voice recognition
– Text-to-voice converts incoming text messages to speech and reads them over the audio system speakers
– USB, auxiliary and SD memory card ports
– SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription
– Reconfigurable 5.7-inch, three-window instrument panel cluster display
– Full-color reconfigurable head-up display.
Is this your kind of Cadillac?
Are you a fan of the new badge?
We want to hear your thoughts in the comments!
Don’t forget to check out GM’s other HUGE reveal in Detroit!