2016 GMC Terrain Unveiled Before NYIASMar 31th, 2015
A day before the start of the New York International Auto Show, GMC has officially taken the wraps off the 2016 GMC Terrain and Terrain Denali.
Just like the newly revised Equinox
, the Terrain’s model line has been re-shuffled and now consists of SL, SLE (SLE-1 & SLE-2), SLT & Denali. The new model includes a ton of revised and enhanced exterior features like:
- A re-sculpted front-end with C-shaped chrome trim to highlight its wide stance
- A lightly re-sculpted rear fascia
- New grill designs (chrome-accented on SLE, SLT and Denali & a special tri-segment texture on Denali)
- A power dome hood
- LED daytime running lights
- Revised “centre stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- Premium cloth fabric now standard on SL & SLE models
- New “Saddle Up” leather trim now available on SLT
- New “Light Titanium/Jet Black” interior combination offered on Denali
- The Denali’s eight-way power-adjustable drivers seat is now available on SLT models(!)
- Side Blind Zone Alert & Rear Cross Traffic Alert now available on SLE and SLT
- New chrome trim on gear shifter
- MY16 also adds two new paint choices, “White Frost Tricoat” & “Crimson Red Tintcoat”
Just like the last Terrain, the new vehicle can seat five in comfort, offers available AWD on SLE, SLT & Denali models, and features GM’s exclusive MultiFlex sliding rear seat.
Buyers can opt for a fuel-efficient yet powerful Ecotec 2.4L–which returns 32MPG on the highway–or a direct-injection 3.6L V6 that delivers best in class 301hp and 272lb-ft of torque.
Introduced in 2009 as a 2010 model, the GMC Terrain is currently in demand more than ever, last year was the Terrain’s best year on the market: GMC moved 104,016 Terrain’s, a 5.5 per cent sales increased (U.S.).
Here’s hoping the new model will continue the trend. We’ll bring you more details as soon as we can.
Want to be first in line for the 2016 Terrain? Give us a call @ 905-878-2355!