2016 Chevrolet Malibu – All You Wanted To Know!Jan 23rd, 2016
The all-new 2016 Chevrolet Malibu is nearly upon us! It’s lighter, sleeker, faster, and more technologically advanced than ever and we expect it to arrive any day now. In the meantime, here’s all you wanted to know about the 2016 Malibu!
The big news? Malibu is entirely new both inside and out. In fact, the four-door, five-passenger vehicle now sits on a whole new platform (codenamed ‘E2XX’) that helps reduce overall weight by over 300 lbs
! That means better handling and gas mileage!
Plus, Malibu now offers a range of available engine choices, including:
– a brand-new 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder (160 hp & 184 lb-ft of torque) mated to a six-speed automatic transmission
– a new 2.0L inline four-cylinder EcoTec engine (250 hp & 258 lb-ft og torque) mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission
– Plus, Malibu is now available with a 1.8L hybrid drive unit
borrowed from the award-winning Chevrolet Volt, which provides a total of 182 hp and offers a GM-estimated 4.9L/100km
In fact, Malibu can travel up to 88 km/h (50 mph) on electricity alone, before the 1.8L kicks-in to provide additional power.
WHAT ABOUT INSIDE?
Malibu’s wheelbase has been stretched nearly four inches, adding more interior space and increasing rear legroom by 1.3 inches. Speaking of which, the Malibu sports a completely revised cabin with handy connectivity features like Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
and a 4G LTE in-car Wi-Fi hotspot.
It’s also safer than ever, too, thanks to 10 standard airbags and a host of available features like Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Automatic Parking Assist, Forward Collision Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control and more!
As always, Malibu comes with a long list of great standard features, including:
– Standard 7-inch MyLink touchscreen infotainment system standard on LS, LT and Hybrid models
– Standard 8-inch MyLink touchscreen infotainment system is availble on LT, Hybrid and stanard on Premiere models
– All new ‘Teen Driver’ models on vehicles equipped with 8-inch touchsreen allows parents to restrict vehicle speed and the ability to view their kids’ driving habits such as maximum speed, warning alerts and more
– Standard Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
– Ten standard airbags
– Wireless charging on LT & Premiere models
– and more!!
Best of all, Malibu starts at just $21, 745 (plus $1,650 destination), which is $3,495 less than the previous model! Now that’s progress! For full pricing check out our blog post ‘2016 Malibu- Officially Priced in Canada!’
LOOK FOR THE 2016 CHEVROLET MALIBU AT WALLACE CHEVROLET