2016 Camaro ZL1 STUNS The World!
Meet the all-new Chevy Camaro ZL1, the fastest Camaro ever produced! The 'ZL1' nomenclature is affixed only to the fastest and most ferocious Camaros, and new sixth-generation ZL1 Camaro is hands-down the fastest & best-handling ZL1 yet!
Prior to the ZL1's unveiling, the 445 hp Camao SS was the most powerful vehicle Camaro in the model range. However, those figures have now been dwarfed by the ZL1's colossal supercharged V8 (borrowed from the Corvette Z06), which churns out a dizzying 640 hp and an equally devastating 640lb-ft of torque; we weren't joking about the whole "fastest and most ferocious" thing!
As ever, the ZL1 is a whole lot more than just a big engine with towering power figures. Chevrolet spent considerable time fine-tuning, adding and tweaking the new ZL1. Aside from added grunt under the hood, the ZL1 features a whole bunch of styling enhancements and tweaks specifically created to provide even more downforce, stability and lightness, including:
- Unique 20-inch forged aluminum wheels wrapped in ultra sticky Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with 285/30ZR20s in front with 305/30ZR20s out back.
- New hood, with carbon fiber insert & heat extractor, unique rockers, wing-style rear spoiler, wider front fenders, and larger front splitter
- Recaro racing seats with sueded flat-bottom steering wheel
- Six-speed manual transmission, with optional ten-speed automatic transmission available
- Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management, electronic limited slip differential, Custom Launch Control & Driver Mode Selector
- And MORE!!!
Aside from raw power and driving enhancements the new ZL1 is also whole lot slimmer than its predecessor, weighing 200 lbs less.
“The Camaro ZL1 is designed to excel at everything,” said Mark Reuss, executive vice president of Global Product Development. “It’s a 2+2 coupe offering incredible performance – acceleration, handling and braking – with the highest levels of technology and perfect chassis damping, making it suitable for everyday driving. It will compare well to any sports coupe, at any price and in any setting.”