Cadillac (Finally) Unveils New Top-Of-The-Range CT6
After months of teasers and hype
, Cadillac has finally taken the wraps off its new top-of-the-range sedan, the CT6.
With an advanced lightweight chassis, a pair of new engines
, active on-demand all-wheel-drive, and a host of other new features like a true 360-degree camera view around the vehicle, the CT6 elevates the game and takes Cadillac to heights.
The CT6 is loaded with tons of great features and here’s just a taste of what drivers can expect:
– enhanced Night Vision that helps better identify vehicles, animals, and more via a heat signature display in the driver information centre
– a state-of-the-art never-before-seen rear camera mirror that combines the rear view mirror with a camera to deliver an unobstructed rear view
– a large, 10.2-inch CUE interface with 1280×720 resolution and a console mounted touchpad.
– wireless phone charger and OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi
– quad-zone climate control which employs a full, secondary HVAC unit
– two 10.2-inch articulating screens that retract into the rear seatbacks and allow phone connectivity
– heated/cooled rear seats with five different levels of seat massage
– 34-speaker Bose Panaray sound system delivers an unparalleled audio experience
– magnetic ride control and active rear steering for better performance and dampening
“The CT6 represents our next step in the continuing evolution of the Cadillac brand portfolio,” said Andrew Smith, executive director, Cadillac Global Design.
There’s so much more to learn about the CT6 and we will be sure to bring you more info very soon. One thing is for sure, we’re glad to finally see the CT6 and we can’t wait to see what else Cadillac has up its sleeve.
Here are the Preliminary Specifications for the (North America) 2016 Cadillac CT6:
|Model:||2016 Cadillac CT6|
|Body style / driveline:||RWD or AWD, 5-passenger large luxury performance sedan|
|Manufacturing location:||Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly, Hamtramck, Mich.|
|Engines:||2.0L I-4 turbo DOHC DI – 265 hp / 198 kW (est.)
3.6L V-6 DOHC DI – 335 hp / 250 kW (est.)
3.0L V-6 twin-turbo DOHC DI – 400 hp / 298 kW (est.)
|Transmissions:||Hydra-Matic 8L45 eight-speed automatic (2.0L turbo and 3.6L)
Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic (3.0L twin-turbo)
|Brakes:||Four-wheel disc with FNC rotors; four-channel ABS|
|Wheels:||18-inch, 19-inch and 20-inch|
|Wheelbase (in / mm):||122.4 / 3106|
|Length (in / mm):||204 / 5184|
|Width (in / mm):||74 / 1879|
|Height (in / mm):||57.9 / 1472|
|Est. curb weight (lb / kg):||Less than 3700 / 170|