2015 GMC Canyon Revealed
Yet another new GM model has been revealed at the North-American International Autoshow (NAIAS)! Hot on the heels of the new Chevrolet Corvette Z06
reveal and thenew Cadillac ATS Coupe
reveal is…the 2015 GMC Canyon!
Styled as a smaller, more compact version of the full-size GMC Sierra pickup, the Canyon exhibits clean lines throughout and segment-exclusive projector beam headlamps as standard.
At launch, the Canyon will be offered with a 2.5L inline four-cylinder engine producing 193hp & 184lb-ft and a 3.6L V6 engine producing 302hp and 270lb-ft. A 2.8L diesel engine will also be available after launch.
Accordingly, both two-wheel and four-wheel drive configurations will be available, depending on the model.
All models are matched with a six-speed automatic transmission that complements the truck-tuned engines with features that make hauling and trailering easier and more comfortable, including auto grade braking and a tow/haul mode. A six-speed manual transmission is also available with the 2.5L engine in base extended cab/2WD models.
Canyon will be available in Extended Cab and Crew Cab body configurations.
Other highlights include:
– CornerStep rear bumpers (pioneered on the 2014 GMC Sierra)
– An all-aluminum hood (to reduce weight),
– Triple-sealed doors inlaid in the body sides,
– Segment-exclusive active grill shutters (shutters close to improve highway efficiency)
– Standard two-tier loading (allowing a platform to effectively split the bed into upper & lower areas)
– Four stationary tie-downs and 13 reconfigurable ties down to easily attach any cargo